12.09.2004

All I want for Christmas...

This morning as I was getting ready, Mariah Carey's voice shot out over the radio singing, "I don't want alot for Christmas, there is just one thing..."

My first thoughts..."Isn't this is a bit too soon to hear??" Of course, then...whilst blow drying my hair and singing along...I start to think...now that I have pretty much wiped my "Guy Slate" clean, who would I want for Christmas or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or any of the other festivals of light occuring in the next couple of weeks!?!?

It is pretty wild...for the past month, I have definitely been an active dater...of course, we realize it is alot of work AND we lovely ladies must kiss many frogs before finding our prince...we had planeboy-gone-commitment-phobe, Cheapman - we all know how impressive that was!! (PS...a friend was intrigued by this and did a trademark search for Cheapman...as we thought, stupid lawyers bluff...maybe I should trademark it just to spite him so he can't use it!!! HA!) and lately there have been a guy or two I have been in touch with via IM and email and I swear - while I think technology is the greatest, for those who already are inept at communicating, technology is one more detriment...unless truly open to learning??! (Be postive...)

I was speaking with a guy on IM the other day...he asked me a little bit about me and then asked to see some photos (turn off 1) - even though he already had seen a picture...did he think the previous photos were fake...and then asked me if we could meet this weekend. Day? Check. Time? Check. Place? Ummm...I got a "hold on" (turn off 2) and then never heard back. Don't quite get it - but am completely shocked that this is the way someone would want to make a first impression...so far - I am totally unimpressed. Apparently, I am still on hold...even customer service lines are quicker than this!!

Then - to go to a complete flip...a guy I dated briefly last year, contacted me again and asked if he could take me out for coffee and have a "second" chance. Due to timing the first time around, I said ok. SO - now we have been IMing for about a month, he still hasn't asked me out for coffee, but had NO problem asking me to go with him to Miami this weekend?!?! WHAT?!?! Now, Miami sounds nice and all - but am I crazy that an invite like that should be reserved for at least 1 date!?!?

I know I am charming, but to be eCharming too...I am truly blessed! hahaha

So...what do I want...not sure if it is either of the options above...but man - this tune is catchy...(Sing with me now!) ...there’s just one thing I need just want to see my baby (c'mon Mariah...baby? MAN!!) standing right outside my door. Oh I just want him for my own, more than you could ever know. Make my wish come true - All I want for Christmas is You!!

Everyone now...You, you, you, you, you!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home