3.20.2005

Ins and Outs…

If you have been following my French adventure – here is an update…

I have continued to be surprised by my Frenchman. He is honest, polite, sincere…He is in touch daily. We see each other pretty regularly out of work. I had the opportunity to see him last Sunday, Monday and Wednesday. It is really nice to have someone to look forward to seeing at the end of a hard day…and trust me – these days – work is NOT a pleasure. Know anyone who needs a bright, witty and hard-working marketeer? Apologies for that commercial moment – I digress!

While the “going out” formalities didn’t really occur much this week – which was more because I was on such a crazy schedule – it is lovely to just see what “being” with someone who wants to see me as much as possible is like. As this is truly a first.

Gents I have dated in the past have normally not wanted to make seeing me as much as possible a priority – one typically made time to see me once a week – another would fit me in between gigs and friends. Others just haven’t lived in the city, which makes spontaneity and daily routines impossible.

I do enjoy spending time with him…although, I do have some reservations – as he is fresh out of a long-term relationship of 5 years. I think he has begun to realize that by initiating spending so much time together and creating a routine – he is entering something new…something, one might possibly define as committed. And so – this week, I have begun to sense that he is trying to figure out if he is ready to enter something new…and trust – I am trying to figure out if I want to enter this with him too.

There is so much that I really like about him – and could easily love about him.

Is it possible to not feel committed when spending a lot of time with someone who is also intimate with you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Thanks, GK...

Definitely not sappy! I appreciate your comment. It is true - no one should ever have to decide about falling in love - or demand it - love just happens. At least I would like to think and believe so.

I guess we worry so much - ah -let me rephrase - (I won't make my issue a "we" issue)...

While I am willing to take a risk, I am noticing that before I jump into the "pool of love", I am taking the "toe test" - dipping in my foot to see how it feels. I guess I have been the one who jumps in a lot of times...and found that it was wayyyyy to cold to stay in till I get all pruney!

While I look forward to falling in love and and all the great adventures that come with it - I guess you have to trust it on the other side too...like any relationship.

THANKS!!! ( :

11:53 PM  
Blogger Adder said...

Hopefully things will work out, but if not at least you now know that theres decent guys out there. I just came out of a similer situation. Nearly 3 months after my 3 year relationship ended a met the most amazing girl who was everything I was looking for. Unfortunatly in the end the timing was all wrong mostly because I was too cautious to put myself to into it. But shes become a close friend and at least now i know that what im looking for in a girl does exist. Goodluck to ya and I hope it works out. Have faith :)

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home