4.02.2005

Where'd that Frenchman go?!

You were wondering where that Frenchman went…

Well, like the Englishman, he didn't go up the hill. I could think of a few places to send him though.

The Frenchman had his friends and family in town over the past two weeks. They left yesterday evening…I guess close to midnight, since that was the first time I heard anything from him in weeks. Unfortunately, I wasn’t available for the call – but I guess it wasn’t important because no message was left. Hmph.

So, the following day, I sent an email asking him how his last two weeks with family and friends were and hoped they were great. Noticed I missed his call the other night – looking forward to catching up.

I got an email reply quickly saying that it was great – but he was exhausted. Life is treating him well – friends and family were good. Work and outside projects are great. Blah blah blah…

He then asks how I was and what were my plans…I told him that I was going with the flow. Things were ok – work was still rough. I explained that I had a meeting that afternoon, in which I felt I would find out my fate within the company – and that I really wasn’t sure what to prepare for. BUT, that either way – knowing is a good thing…and I certainly would find out soon enough as the day was coming to close.

As for my plans…I told him I already had plans for the evening – but was available for Saturday. Stupidly, I sent a follow up – apologizing for dumping all the work news on him. Would I apologize for sharing that with a friend? NO. If he can’t handle it or doesn’t want to hear it – off you go, on y va, au revoir, bye-bye.

No response. NOTHING. Still not a word.

So…while there wasn’t much to follow here…2 weeks of dates…a little romance…I have a great story to tell. Experienced a formal court-ship. And, am now moving forward - looking to find my happy-medium.

Lots of finished chapters came with April 1 – and unfortunately, none of them were jokes.

Where did everyone’s sense of humor go!?!?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Yes, my Jimmy Buffet (Time for a change of face / change of place) - twas a shitty week - but I am still standing...

One could say I am enduring the ass kicking of my life!

Thanks for the words-o-support...I know it can't get any worse! Only on the up for all of us! Speak soon!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home