6.25.2005

Serendipatiousness

Well friends, this has been quite the crazy week...

I am happy to report that work is going well. I can't complain a bit about it all, which is soooo nice after the past work fiascos...it is just the personal life that needs some work. I was hanging out near Chelsea tonight - and I must say, it is getting so bad that I was getting jealous watching all of the gay guys enjoying each other's company and holding hands!! Granted, I was enjoying my female friend's company...but it just ain't the same, dont'chaknow!

I had 3 very odd things happen this week...all male-related...

1. Had awesome picnic last week with this guy. We enjoyed the Met in the Park. I was extremely impressed by our spread. I brought the blanket and some deli, etc.. He brought the wine, REAL glasses, some homemade delectable edibles, and good company. We had a lovely time chatting and re-acquainting ourselves. OF course, he is getting over a relationship...and told me he is just looking to get to know someone before getting seriously involved. That's cool...no pressure...so little pressure, I haven't heard from him since. He didn't even call to wish me a happy birthday. OF course, on my way to meet him, ex-office love calls me for the first time since I left...bollucks to him! When I want him to call - he doesn't. When I am distracted - he does...GO Figure!! I guess he either got back with the ex or found someone else to distract him without letting me know...

2. This week, my old hottie-trainer-friend(?!) calls me 4 months out of the blue. We wind up hanging out this week one evening spontaneously. We had a good time catching up. I found out he was also recently single again, which brought light and clarity to why he would flirt and never do anything about it! SO, when we depart, he asks me if I want to get together Thursday...what a nice idea...if only it had actually had come to fruition!!! Why put it out there if it isn't something you really want to do!!!???

Hmmm - this wasn't meant to read as a vent - but I am really getting quite baffled by the way the "men" in my life seem to be so flighty and ridiculous. I don't think men really know what they want.

I was looking at some profiles on Jdate tonight...(yes, admittedly, I am on there...definitely not how I want to meet someone...but I feel like my options of meeting someone is slim...so, why not put myself out there...maybe I will be surprised??) And I really had to laugh...some man would write: "Looking for a nice, jewish girl - preferably not too religious. Yet, in an area below, where it is asked what sects of religion are acceptable - they put down Orthodox...which leaves me with one BIG, "huh???". Kinda ridiculous...

I just don't get it.
I
JUST
DON'T
GET
IT
!!!

So to get back to the title (I did digress!)...if serendipity is the phenomenon of finding value or something agreeable in things not sought for...what the heck is this lesson about?? What is fate trying to tell me??????? Anyone have any ideas???

I think this sums up my thoughts...yes, another bit of lyrics for you....
There's a fine, fine line between a lover and a friend;
There's a fine, fine line between reality and pretend;
And you never know 'til you reach the top if it was worth the uphill climb.

There's a fine, fine line between love...And a waste of time.

There's a fine, fine line between a fairy tale and a lie;
And there's a fine, fine line between "You're wonderful" and "Goodbye."
I guess if someone doesn't love you back it isn't such a crime,
But there's a fine, fine line between love...And a waste of your time.

(This verse is dedicated to my office love...)
And I don't have the time to waste on you anymore.
I don't think that you even know what you're looking for.
For my own sanity, I've got to close the doorAnd walk away...

There's a fine, fine line between together and not
And there's a fine, fine line between what you wanted and what you got.
You gotta go after the things you want while you're still in your prime...
There's a fine, fine line between love And a waste of time.

Thank you and goodnight...and...um...Murphy - feel free to change the tables for me tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Blogger SirTalksALot said...

Sorry it's been so long since I've been here! My advice is to think of the guy you've known the longest as friends, and see if you could love him, then if so, say, "hey, whatcha up to Saturday"....love from friendship is the best... :) But that's my opinion/advice, and might not be worth a pile of air.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home